Food Hygiene – FH
Crewmembers in charge of food handling and preparation, including preparing and serving meals, stocking the fridges, unwrapping and plating take-out or delivered foods, etc. It should be remembered that attention to safe food handling is every seafarers’ responsibility and negligence of this can have serious consequences to both an individual’s health and also the on board operational commitments of the vessel.
This course focuses on the importance of food safety and provides students with an understanding of how to identify and control food safety hazards on board. Catering staff should be properly trained in food safety and personal hygiene, as they are responsible for ensuring that high standards of personal hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times throughout the galley, pantry and mess rooms.
- Safe practices when handling food
- Food hygiene hazards and implementing control measures
- Safe storage temperatures, cooking temperatures and conditions that fall in the danger zone.
- Importance of personal and work station hygiene
- Food industry regulations with regards to preparing, cooking and handling food safely.
- Understanding of the legal obligations of food handlers
- Understanding food contamination and food poisoning.
Duration: 1 day
- Identification card or passport
Note to client :
After successful completion of the course candidates will receive Food Hygiene certificate.