This course is designed for Engine Officers/Ratings involved in the operation and management of auxiliary boiler system which fundamentally include the feed water analysis and treatment onboard. It provides the essential knowledge and skills necessary to support the various tasks and requirements for safety and efficient operation of all the systems involved in vessel’s marine steam plant.
At the end of the course, candidate should be able to practically understand and come to terms with:
- the basic operating principles of steam production
- boiler designs and it’s components according to vessel’s requirements
- various types of boiler conditions and operations on board
- proper handling and monitoring for safe and efficient plant operations
- boiler water test, analysis, and treatments required.