D2 - Basic Safety Training
D2 - Basic Safety Training - IMO MODEL COURSE 1.13, 1.19, 1.20, 1.21.
The course D2 - Basic Safety Training consists of:
- Personal Survival Techniques STCW VI/I-I
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting STCW VI/I-2
- Elementary First Aid STCW VI/I-3
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility STCW VI/I-4
Duration: 6 days
- Our Basic safety course is based on practical knowledge of above mentioned part of training course
- Dropping and driving life craft
- Use of thermal suits
- Opening and using life rafts
- Firefighting work on a firefighting ground
After successful completion of the course participants will be able to demonstrate:
- Competency in survival at sea in case of abandoning ship,
- Reduce the risk of fire, take immediate action in case of encountering an accident or emergency,
- Adhere to the procedures in case of emergency,
- Observe safe working practices and effectively communicate with others.
This course is intended for all seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship. Certificate shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of issue. Any person who has reached the age of 16 can attend it and take the exam.
This course is one of the three basic courses required for boarding a ship:
D2 certificate is a mandatory prerequisite for the issuance of a seaman's book (Matriculation) with a valid medical certificate issued by an authorized medical institution.