HELM-O Human Element Leadership and Management - Operational Level
HELM - O - Human Element Leadership and Management at the Operational Level
This course has been developed for deck and engine officers on board ships at the management level.
The purpose of this course is to provide knowledge, skill and understanding of leadership and teamwork at the management level.
The course is designed to meet STCW requirements for the use of leadership and managerial skills , in accordance with the 2010 Manila Amendments, specifically as stated in tables A-II/2 and A III-3, as well as with IMO Model course 1.39.
Upon successful completion of the course the trainee should be able to demonstrate sufficient understanding and knowledge of leadership and managerial skills on board a vessel. Knowledge, understanding and skills should include, but not be limited to:
- Working knowledge of shipboards personnel management
- Knowledge of related international maritime conventions, recommendations and national legislation
- Ability to manage workload
- Knowledge and the ability to apply effective resource management
- Knowledge and ability to apply decision making techniques
Duration: 3 days
- Identification card or passport
Note to client :
After successful completion of the course candidates will receive HELM - O - Human Element Leadership and Management at the Operational Level certificate.
HELM - M - Human Leadership and Management at the Management Level