SSBT - Ship Simulator with Bridge Teamwork
SSBT – Ship Simulator with Bridge Teamwork course
Scope (Target audience) : The course is intended for candidates with completed exams for the OOW and the training in radar observation and plotting.
Courses for radar observation and plotting are also available at out Training centre:
Course content : The purpose of the course SSBT Course - Ship Simulator with Bridge Teamwork is to promote good Bridge Team Management which will be achieved by providing candidates with the opportunity to experience and analyze various navigational scenarios in passage planning, in the execution of the passage plan, in teamwork scenarios and exploring procedures which assist in the safe conduct of the vessel to achieve high standards of excellence and professionalism.
Candidates will gain:
- Experience in familiarization with ship maneuvering during exercises on Bridge Simulator,
- An understanding of the effect of wind, current, shallow water, banks and narrow channel and condition of loading on the ship behavior.
- Awareness of the importance of planning a passage or maneuver and the need of an alternative plan.
- Understanding of a good interactive communication.
Ship Simulator with Bridge Teamwork course uses the Transas Navigational Bridge Simulator.
Ship Simulator with Bridge Teamwork course uses the Engine Simulator.
This course meets the principles laid down in STCW A-II/1, A-II/2
Duration: 2 days
- Identification card or passport
- OOW exam
- Training in radar observation and plotting
Note to client : After successful completion of the course candidates will receive Ship Simulator and Bridge Teamwork with BRM course certificate