HELM-M Human Element, Leadership and Management - Management level
Human Element, Leadership And Management At The Management Level – HELM – M
Technical officers following an approved education and training programme leading to MCA certification as:
- Chief mate or master on ships of 500 gross tonnage or more
- Second engineer officer or chief engineer officer on ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 750 kW propulsion power or more.
This course meets the latest mandatory requirements for approved training in the human element, leadership and management at the management level and the standards of competence to be achieved.
The emphasis throughout the course is to develop understanding of human factor concepts and understanding of how managerial actions influence, for good or ill, the practical application of those concepts. This understanding, properly applied, then enhances the safe operation of the ship and the care of all persons on board.
- Explain the importance and the challenges of the human element in shipboard management.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a leader
- Recognize different personality types and the proper ways of communications with each one of them
- Identify motivating/demotivating factors
- Understand how to acquire and maintain situational awareness on reducing incidents at sea.
- Learn the difference between leadership styles in a crisis vs normality.
- Creating a fair and respectful culture aboard.
- Describe the project management cycle.
Duration: 5 days
- Identification card or passport
Note to client :
After successful completion of the course candidates will receive Human Element, Leadership And Management At The Management Level – HELM – M certificate.