Banksman & Slinger
Banksman & Slinger (BS)
IMPORTANT NOTE TO CANDIDATES: This training course is IN LINE WITH OPITO
Personnel who are involved with lifting operations as a part of their job.
The aims are to provide the personnel with knowledge and skills about Banksman and Slinger following instruction and demonstration by the training staff. The attendants will learn to recognize incorrect use of lifting components and how this can be avoided. They will also take a look on regulations regarding marking, documentation, use, maintenance, daily inspection and discard criteria of lifting gear. More goals include learning to direct crane operations safely using radio & hand signals as well as to implement a lifting plan and risk assessment.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Choosing the correct lifting equipment and calculation of its capacities
- Safety analysis and Risk Assessment planning
- Lifting team basics
- Slinging various types of load according to size, weight, shape and centre of gravity
- Visual check of slings and lifting accessories
Duration: 3 days
- Identification card or passport
Note to client :
After successful completion of the course candidates will receive Banksman & Slinger certificate.
Offshore Crane Operator - Stage 1
Offshore Crane Operator - Stage 2
Offshore Crane Operator - Stage 3